The Utah State Archives’ annual spring conference will take place on Friday, April 1, 2016 in Salt Lake City, UT. The theme of the conference is A Day with GRAMA. Presentations will focus on the provisions of the Government Records Access Management Act.
The Conference Committee is asking for presentation proposals on all aspects of records
access, including proposals that feature:
- Agency process and policy for sharing records with other governmental entities
- Vetted process for establishing and applying a fee schedule
- How to train staff on what a GRAMA request is, when a GRAMA request is necessary, their role in the agency’s process for handling GRAMA requests, as well as the agency’s overall process for handling GRAMA requests
- Vetted process for responding to GRAMA requests for email or other electronic correspondence
- Agency experience in incorporating Open Records Portal into process of accepting and responding to GRAMA requests
Have an idea for a presentation that isn’t on the list? Can you recommend someone who would be a good presenter?
The Conference Committee welcomes any presentation proposals that you think might encourage dialogue and improve understanding among your professional colleagues.
Proposals are welcome from chief administrative officers, records officers, or other employees who have substantial responsibilities regarding GRAMA. Presentations should be between 20 minutes to 50 minutes in length.
DEADLINE for submission is Monday, February 15, 2016. Please use the online submission form to submit your proposal at: http://goo.gl/forms/VmyJqhSqNd
Questions and comments can be directed to Lorianne Ouderkirk, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-531-3860.