The Utah State Archives has finalized the schedule for the law enforcement records management conference to be held on Thursday, September 3, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The event will be hosted at the State Archives facility located at 346 S. Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT. Registration is available online at www.archives.utah.gov.
Please share this training opportunity with your colleagues. We want to have as many people participate as possible!
Presentation topics are as follows:
- Opening Keynote Address: Records Officers Supporting Law Enforcement Officers by Lieutenant John Laursen (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
- Updated Law Enforcement General Retention Schedules by Rebekkah Shaw, Utah State Archives (10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.)
- Agencies’ experience in using vendor databases for managing record information: (10:45 a.m. – Noon)
- Spillman by Sherri Atwood and MaryAnn Bullock, Pleasant Grove Police Department
- Versadex by TBD
- FATPOT by Lt. Harley Watkins, Utah Highway Patrol
- Records Sharing as Addressed by the Government Records Access Management Act (GRAMA) by Paul Tonks, Assistant Attorney General (Noon – 12:30 p.m.)
- Discussion panel on body cameras monitored by Rosemary Cundiff, Utah State Archives (1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Paul Burnett, Saratoga Springs Police
- Captain Brett Haycock, Weber County Sheriff
- Lieutenant Alex Blauer, Utah Transit Authority Police
- Representative Daniel McCay, House of Representatives
- Closing Keynote Address: Knowing Where the Bodies Are Buried by Robert Kirby, a former police officer and author of End of Watch: Utah’s Murdered Police. (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
A map to the Utah State Archives building is available here: http://archives.utah.gov/archives-building-map.html
Questions may be directed to Lorianne Ouderkirk at email@example.com or 801-531-3860.