Randy Silverman, Preservation Librarian at the University of Utah and a founding member of WESTPAS, will be teaching two-part workshops in October sponsored by Western States & Territories Preservation Assistance Service (WESTPAS), a project that focuses on preserving cultural collections in the West.
At the workshops, learn how to:
- Complete a disaster response & collection salvage plan
- Learn how to train staff to implement your plan effectively
- Set pre- and post-disaster action priorities for your collections
- Understand practical decision-making skills needed during an emergency
- Experience salvage procedures for books, documents, photos & objects
Choose One Location/Date during Archives Month–Register Online Today
Salt Lake City, UT Tuesday, October 6, 2015–9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Utah State Archives
Logan, UT Friday, October 9, 2015–9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Utah State University Merrill-Cazier Library
Cedar City, UT Thursday, October 15, 2015–9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Southern Utah University Sherratt Library
For further information or to register, please see the attached flyer:
Protecting Cultural Collections Utah Promo (download docx)
Protecting Cultural Collections Utah Promo (view pdf)