Though only with the Utah State Archives in a part-time position for just over two years, Maren Peterson contributed to numerous projects and multiple programs in that time. Maren joined us with experience in historical records and indexing from Brigham Young University in October 2019. As she moves onto another job, we wanted to recognize and share with you some of the ways she helped us serve our mission better.
Processing Historical Records
- Birth certificate amendments interfiling
- Index to Washington County Birth reports
- Fetal death certificates processing and index
- City and town information files
- Legislative standing committee records for the House of Representatives and the Senate processing
- Re-housing 6,737 Audograph discs containing House of Representatives’ Floor debate recordings
- Re-housing and indexing mug shot photographs from Ogden City
- Consolidating and reviewing nearly 13,000 entries for an index to birth certificates
- Indexing multiple years of birth certificates
- Indexing 14,000 trademark registrations
- Digitization of oaths of office, suffrage-related documents, Department of Transportation photographs, and more
Maren was very excited to research and write profiles of women from Utah’s history in commemoration of women’s suffrage anniversaries in 2020. The series was called “Stories of Utah Women” and she wrote a whopping 17 posts, all of which can be viewed here.
Building upon the success of the previous year, Maren continued writing for our blog, this time to recognize Utah’s 125th statehood anniversary with a series called “Road to Statehood“. She covered the multiple attempts over several decades in 7 posts, which can be read here.
We all wish Maren the best in future endeavors and remain grateful for her time with us!