As we end another year, we wanted to take a moment to reflect and share some of the good work that our team at the Utah State Archives and Records Service did in the past twelve months to ensure the ongoing care and management of the public records that we hold in trust for the citizens of Utah. In 2021…
- Our archivists processed over 200 cubic feet of historic records for enhanced public access.
- Our team added over 60,000 new images to the Digital Archives, bringing the overall total number of items available online for 24/7 access to over 1.6 million records!
- Our Reformatting Team created over 1,800 new roles of microfilm of permanent records.
- Our staff worked to identify and transfer over 3 terabytes of digital information from government agencies for permanent preservation and access at the Utah State Archives and Records Service.
- In addition to the services we provide to state agencies, our Local Government Team conducted 25 site visits to governmental agencies around the state and provided 8 training events to share and grow knowledge and skills around the management and preservation of records.
It was a busy year as we continued to work through the challenges of a pandemic and new hybrid work environment, but as usual our staff delivered brilliantly. We look forward to building on the successes of 2021 in the new year!