Here at Utah State Archives, our goal is to ensure the ongoing care and management of the public records that we hold in trust for the citizens of Utah. As we end another year, we take a moment to reflect and share our wins over the past twelve months. In 2022 our staff…
- Processed over 160 cubic feet of historical records for enhanced public access.
- Added over 33,000 new images to the Digital Archives, bringing the overall total number of items available online for 24/7 access to over 1.6 million records!
- Reformatted over 2 million images of permanent records.
- Identified and transferred 4 terabytes of digital information from government agencies for permanent preservation.
- Conducted 103 site visits to governmental agencies around the state and provided 15 training events to share and grow knowledge and skills around the management and preservation of records.
- Answered over 4,000 public reference requests through our Reference Room.
- Mediated 55 record disputes with the help of the Government Records Ombudsman.
- Certified 876 records officers across the state who manage and provide access to their agency’s records.
- Received 142,357 boxes of inactive records from Utah’s governmental agencies for storage in our State Records Center.
It was a time of transition for our team, as we said goodbye to three longtime employees, welcomed four new staff members, and continued to work closely with our Government Operations Department leaders. We look forward to building on the successes of 2022 in the new year!